Thanks for shopping at Home Cook & BBQ, we look forward to dispatching your order. This page provides an overview of our returns and refunds policy. Please read over this before purchasing from us.
Most importantly, we don’t accept liability for damage if you have signed acceptance without checking it first. Please ensure that you inspect your order before signing and note any potential damage.
Gippsland Home Living will replace any faulty or damaged goods that are delivered to you, at our expense, provided you notify us by email or phone call within one business day of receiving the goods.
We will require images of the items emailed to us, and will then provide instructions for you to return the goods to us. You will have the opportunity to have a credit to the value of the damaged or faulty goods, or a replacement of the faulty or damaged goods.
If you believe an item is faulty, you may have rights to a remedy under the Australian Consumer Law. These rights are not impacted by the change of mind policy or limited by a defined time frame. However the Australian Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period may vary by product depending on the nature of the goods the price paid and any representations made about the goods.
Where you believe an item is faulty, it may be necessary for us to send your goods to the manufacturer or their service agent for it to be assessed within a reasonable period of time. If there is a major failure with the item, you may choose a refund, exchange or repair. If the failure is minor, we will repair the item (or, at our discretion, we may replace the item) within a reasonable time.
Where an item is damaged through misuse or abnormal use, Home Cook & BBQ cannot provide a refund, exchange or repair, whether the fault is identified by Home Cook & BBQ, the manufacturer or their service agent.
Home Cook & BBQ will require satisfactory proof of purchase before providing a remedy under the Australian Consumer Law.
It’s important to know that:
• If the product is deemed by us to be not faulty, we may at our absolute discretion refuse to replace the product or offer you a credit or refund for the product.
• When a product is replaced, your replacement product becomes your property and the faulty product becomes our property.
• When a refund is given, the returned product becomes our property.
• We reserve the right to test any returned product. If the condition of the product is misrepresented to us by the customer, we can impose a $50.00 handling and administration fee.
We’re an online store, meaning we can also offer return/exchange conditions on goods provided:
• They are returned within 14 days of purchase.
• They are in the original condition, unopened and unmarked.
• They are accompanied by your proof of purchase.
In the case of returned undamaged goods, return shipping costs are at your expense. For returned goods that are the result of incorrect choice by you, we require an email from you explaining the reason for the intended return. Depending on the circumstances and at our discretion we may arrange a credit voucher that you can use to purchase other goods to the same value from Home Cook & BBQ.
Credits must be used within 12 months. No change to the original order is permissible.